Fundraising Ideas for Your Church
by Shauna Hanus
Christian churches serve by helping to strengthen people’s faith. This comes at a
cost for most churches. There are building expenses, salaries, missions and supporting other local charities.
For most churches there is a need to raise money through fundraisers. This can become a challenge year after
year, trying to come up with new and innovative ideas. Here is a list of church fundraising ideas that are
perfect for many congregations.
1. Inspirational products are always a possibility for church fundraising. These
products can be everything from t-shirts to Bibles and inspirational books. These fundraisers can bring in a
steady flow of income when the congregation is large enough.
2. Fundraising through order forms and order takers. This type of fundraising allows
individual committees at the church to tap into there supporters and fundraise. The supporters pay up front
for goods and the church places one large order for all the separate committees. This is an excellent type of
fundraiser for small congregations that do not have a large amount of money to put forth for fundraising
3. Cookie dough fundraising is another great way to raise funds. If a church plans a
cookie dough fundraiser once a month on Sunday where congregants can purchase cookie dough the church can
earn a nice amount of money. This is also a fun way to fundraise for all the parishioners who make the cookie
4. Inspirational candle sales is always a great way to fundraise. On average each
household buys 40 candles a year. What better way to fundraise than to sell candles that fulfill the needs of
5. Church auctions are also a way to fundraise. What takes place at an auction is
the church auctions off inspirational sculptures and paintings and the proceeds go to support church
6. An annual rummage sale is a great way to fundraise. The members of the church
bring in items to be sold and then the rummage sale is open to the public.
7. Internet fundraising is an opportunity for the parishioners of your church to
shop online and support your church. Proceeds can range up to 40% of purchase price. This is also a great way
to shop for what you already use and buy online and fundraise at the same time.
8. Raffle tickets to win prizes and dinners out are a great way to support your
church with a fun fundraiser. Contact local merchants and restaurants and ask them to donate to your church a
small item or a free dinner.
Fundraising is a great way for churches to support there missions and programs and
to have fun at the same time.
Shauna Hanus with http://www.laetans.com is an online marketer who builds and maintains fundraising websites
for churches and small ministries. For more information on how to get a free fundraising
website for your church visit http://www.laetans.com
Copyright © 2005
practical fundraising | fundraisers